The current Australian captain Aaron Finch is the world’s best and most dangerous opening batsman in fifty over and T20I Cricket for Australia. The Aussie skipper of the ODI and T20I format is the best opening batsmen in Limited Overs Cricket for his country.
Australia will look to win their maiden T20 World Cup, and they need some fireworks from their Skipper Aaron Finch in this T20 World Cup 2021 tournament.
Finch should have been the man to take the Australian cricket forward. But by the standards of Aaron Finch, Australia hasn’t won an ICC trophy since ICC Cricket fifty over World Cup in 2015, which was played at their home.
The right-handed batsman from Victoria has made and achieved records in limited-overs cricket. In this upcoming T20 World Cup 2021, which is set to play in the United Arab Emirates from 17th October 2021 to 14th November 2021, Aaron Finch is the main player for Australia in the ICC marquee event. Aaron Finch will be the player to watch for the T20 World Cup 2021.
Aaron Finch was born on 17th November 1986 in Colac, which is situated in Victoria, Australia. He played his early cricket for his home team, Colac, in the Western Club, which comes under the District and Colac Cricket Association. Finch started his cricketing career at the junior level as a wicketkeeper-batsman. Later Aaron Finch represented Australia at the Under 19 level in Sri Lanka.
In 2009 and 2010, Aaron Finch started to be the regular part of his home side. His centuries against Tasmania was his maiden first-class ton which Aaron Finch scored in the most iconic venue, MCG – Melbourne Cricket Ground. In that innings, Aaron Finch shared a mammoth stand of 212 runs with David Hussey, and against Queensland in 2012, he played a captain’s knock. He scored a vital 154 runs at the Gabba, and that score was the new highest score in the fifty overs domestic cricket of Australia.
In the debut season of the Big Bash League – BBL, Aaron Finch played for Melbourne Renegades, and he was named the captain of that side in the next year. Aaron Finch also played the county season in England. Aaron Finch played for Yorkshire in 2014 and 2015. Later in 2016, Aaron Finch joined Surrey. Aaron Finch also has the experience of playing the T20 Blast in England.
The Achievements Of Aaron Finch
Aaron Finch made his International debut for Australia in the shortest format against England in 2011. Aaron Finch has donned the shortest format for Australia. That is why he will be a player to watch for Australia in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2021. Aaron Finch has set new records in the shortest format.
- Aaron Finch is the first player to score 1000 runs in the Big Bash League – BBL.
- Aaron Finch is the first player to have a rating of 900 points in the T20 International ranking of the ICC – International Cricket Council.
- The highest score of Aaron Finch is 172 runs which he scored against Zimbabwe in the shortest format, and that was the highest individual score in the T20I format.
- Aaron Finch was also the first batsman to score two centuries in the shortest format. After his marathon knock of 172 against a low ranked team Zimbabwe. Finch notched up another ton against England. He scored 156 runs against them from just 63 deliveries.
- Aaron Finch scored 14 sixes in the innings of 156 runs, which is also a record in the shortest format.
- In the Allan Border ceremony, Aaron Finch was awarded as the Men’s Best Player in the T20I format by his own board Cricket Australia.
- During the run-fest of 172 runs against Zimbabwe, Aaron Finch shared a mammoth opening stand with Darcy Short. The Australian openers shared a stand of 223 runs which ended in the last over.
- It was in 2017 when Aaron Finch captained the Australian team for the first time. That was because Mathew Wade was ruled out of a series against New Zealand.
- Aaron Finch earned a contract from Cricket Australia in 2018, and he made his Test debut in that same year against Pakistan. The Test cap was presented by the legend Allan Border.
- Now in 2021, Aaron Finch is the leading run-scorer for Australia in the shortest format, T20I.
- In the Indian Premier League – IPL, Aaron Finch is the only overseas player who has played for seven different IPL franchises. Aaron Finch has played for Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Capitals, Mumbai Indians, Punjab Kings, Pune Warriors India, Gujrat Lions and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Aaron Finch Career Summary of the Three formats and IPL
Aaron Finch still didn’t have a good Test match career for Australia. He hasn’t replicated his limited-overs format in the longer and traditional format. Till now, Aaron Finch has played only five matches and 10 Test innings. He has scored 278 runs with two half-centuries, an average of 37.8, and a strike rate of 44.98. Aaron Finch is yet to score a Test hundred in the Baggy Green cap, and the Aussies are hopeful that he will do it soon.
In the fifty overs format, Aaron Finch has been a decent player for Australia. Aaron Finch was the captain of Australia in the ICC World Cup 2019 in England ad Wales. Apart from the loss against India, Australia played well in the fifty over world cup and reached the semi-final stage of that 50 over ICC tournament.
Finch made his ODI debut against Sri Lanka in 2013 at Melbourne, and now he has been the batting in charge of the team as a right-handed opening batsman. Aaron Finch has played 132 matches and 128 innings so far. Aaron Finch has scored 5232 runs with an average of 41.86 and a strike rate of 88.41. The current captain has 17 centuries and 29 half-centuries in the fifty-over format.
He has been a revolution in the T20I format for Australia along with his opening partner David Warner. Aaron Finch made his International debut in the T20I format against England in 2011 at Adelaide Oval. Now Aaron Finch is the highest run-getter for the Baggy Green in the shortest format. He has played 76 matches and innings, in that he has scored 2473 runs with the strike of 150.47 and an average of 37.47. He had scored 172 runs which were recorded as the highest individual score in the T20Is. Aaron Finch has scored 15 half-centuries and two centuries in the T20I format.
The career of Aaron Finch in the Indian Premier League – IPL hasn’t been up to the mark despite being the best T20 International player for Australia. He has represented seven IPL teams, and most of the time, he has blown cold rather than hot in this cash-rich tournament. Aaron Finch started his IPL career in 2010 for Rajasthan Royals Vs Kolkata Knight Riders game.
But the last game in this IPL was for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL 2020 season. Aaron Finch has played 87 matches and 85 innings in this cash-rich league tournament, and he has scored 2005 runs with 14 half-centuries. He scored runs with a strike rate of 125.71 and an average of 25.38.
Big bash League – BBL
Aaron Finch was the first player to score a thousand runs in the BBL tournament. Finch plays for the Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League, and he has played 76 matches for them and 2431 runs with the strike rate of 134.61 and an average of 34.24. Aaron Finch has scored two centuries and 18 half-centuries in this Australian tournament. Finch has also picked up five wickets to his name in this T20 tournament.
The Net Worth of Aaron Finch
Aaron Finch is a celebrity cricket player in Australia. He is the richest sportsperson in that country. According to Forbes, Wikipedia, and Business Insider, the net worth of Aaron Finch is 1.5 million. Aaron Finch has signed different deals in the IPL and BBL. His other earning source was also from the County Season stint and T20 Blast in England.
[If You Want To Know About T20 WORLD CUP 2021 SCHEDULE So Click Here.]
Social Media Pages of Aaron Finch
The fans of Aaron Finch can track all his movements through his accounts on social media platforms. Aaron Finch is the world’s favorite opening batsman, and he will surely have lots of fans and followers.
Twitter –1.2 Million Followers – https://bit.ly/3mnFJVr
Instagram – 1 Million Followers – https://bit.ly/3l8xOfc
Facebook – 13 Lakhs Followers – https://www.facebook.com/AaronFinchCricket
Who is Aaron Finch’s Wife?
Aaron Finch got married in 2018 to an actress named Amy Griffiths.
What are the Hobbies of Aaron Finch?
Apart from playing Cricket, Aaron Finch loves playing Golf and loves cooking.
Who are the favorite cricket players of Aaron Finch?
In the batting department, Aaron Finch loves Mark Waugh and the former Indian opening batsmen, Virender Sehwag. Aaron Finch loves his teammate and the fast bowler of Australia, Mitchell Johnson.