Ajinkya Madhukar Rahane, born Jun 06, 1988, is a former captain of the Indian national cricket team across all formats. He is typically a middle-order batsman in Test cricket, while he is an upper batsman in white-ball cricket. He was also the India national cricket team’s vice-captain in Tests until the home series against New Zealand in 2021 when he was replaced. In domestic cricket, Ajinkya Rahane competes for Mumbai Indians, and in the IPL, he plays for Kolkata Knight Riders.
Rahane made his first-class appearance for Mumbai in the 2007–08 Ranji Trophy season. In August 2011, he began playing in T20Is against England in Manchester. Rahane made his Test debut in the Border–Gavaskar Trophy in March 2013. His first Test century came against New Zealand at Basin Reserve in Wellington.
Under his guidance, India won the Border–Gavaskar Trophy in Australia in 2020-21. Rahane is currently ranked 27th in the ICC Test batting rankings, with 612 points in May 2021. In March 2022, the BCCI handed him a Grade B contract.
Personal Information About ajinkya rahane
|Full Name||Anjaneya M Rahane|
|Date of Birth||Jun 06, 1988|
|Location of Birth||Ashwin Khurd, India|
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium|
|Parents||Madhukar Baburao Rahane, Sujata Rahane|
Family Background Of Ajinkya Rahane
Rahane was born in a Hindu Maratha family on June 6, 1988 in Ashwi KD, Sangamner Taluka, Ahmednagar district to Madhukar Baburao Rahane and Sujata Rahane. Shashank and Apurva Rahane, his younger brother and sister, are his sibling.
When he was seven, Madhukar Rahane took Rahane to a modest coaching camp on a matting pitch in Dombivli because they couldn’t afford formal coaching. He started to receive coaching from former India batsman Pravin Amre when he was 17.
Rahane graduated from SV Joshi High School in Dombivli with a Secondary School Certificate. On Sep 26, 2014, Rahane married Radhika Dhopavkar, a childhood friend. In October 2019, the couple welcomed their first child, daughter Aarya.
Achievements Of Ajinkya Rahane
- He was named the starter of the Indian team for the final three matches of India’s tour of Australia in December 2020, replacing Virat Kohli, who was on paternity leave.
- Rahane led the country to an 8-wicket victory in the second test, scoring 112 in the first innings and 27* in the second, and was named man of the match.
- Rahane achieved the world record for most incredible catches in a Test game, with eight in the first test of the 2015 tour of Sri Lanka. He got his fourth Test century in the second Test at PSS, Colombo, batting 126 in India’s second innings, and India proceeded on to clinch the game. During this time, he achieved a career-high position of 20th in the ICC Player Rankings.
- Rahane took part in the 2015 Freedom Series. Rahane struck a century in both innings in the fourth test in New Delhi, on a surface where other batsmen struggled to score, becoming only the sixth Indian to enter the select club of twin centurions in a single test.
- As Kohli was sidelined, Rahane was named leader of the Indian squad for the first Test versus New Zealand in November 2021. Rahane has led India in six Matches, four of which have been won and two drawn.
- On Feb 15, 2014, Rahane scored his first Test century against New Zealand nataional cricket team at Basin Reserve in Wellington, New Zealand. India was challenging when Rahane got to the plate at 156 for five. Still, by the time he left with 118, India had a match-winning position that Brendon McCullum’s remarkable triple-century had wrecked.
- Despite his poor form in 2021, he was picked to play 11 for the first two test games of the South African tour. This judgment drew much condemnation, notably since Shreyas Iyer, benched, scored a hundred on unveiling. Also, many naysayers implored to withdraw him after his golden duck in the second test.
All Formats Career Summary of Ajinkya Rahane
Test Career Of Ajinkya Rahane
After veterans like VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid retired, Indian administrators commenced the procedure of nurturing fresh performers for the big stage. An illness to Shikhar Dhawan won Rahane the greatest prized item of Indian cricket clothing – Test cap number 278 – after a year of in and out of the team and 16 months on the sideline.
Rahane made an early impression throughout India’s 2014 Investec Test Series tour of England. He hit a spectacular century on his debut outing at Lord’s, putting him to the top of the awards list. After a 28-year wait, Rahane’s century sealed India’s triumph at Lord’s.
ODI Career Of Ajinkya Rahane
Rahane hit his second ODI fifty in the 2013-14 Asia Cup to suit it with a further downturn. Rahane has been hesitant and underachieved to strike the mix among defence and drive in his brief ODI stint in the middle order. With quick hundreds versus England (September 2014) and Sri Lanka (November 2014), he appeared at ease at the top lineup. Still, Rohit Sharma’s second ODI double-century, backed by a massive hundred versus Australia at the MCG, drove Rahane further to the middle order. T20s Rahane only achieved 208 runs from 8 games in the ICC Cricket World Cup, at an aggregate of 34.66.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced him in the second ODI versus Bangladesh; however, following the tournament, he named India’s leadership for the ODI and T20I tour to Zimbabwe in 2015, when a reserve team side was a reserve team picked. India dominated the ODI series 3–0, despite Rahane’s inability to make any significant imprints with the bat; he scored 112 runs in 3 games, with only one half-century.
IPL Career Of Ajinkya Rahane
Rahane had a fruitful tenure with the Rajasthan Royals when Rahul Dravid mentored him. He rose to fame for the Rajasthan Royals in the 2012 IPL. In his opening game of the IPL 2012, he scored a match-winning 98 against Kings XI Punjab, and he coupled it up with an undefeated 103 against Royal Challengers Bangalore. His 84 from 63 balls versus the Delhi Daredevils went in vain, as they were defeated by one run. Rahane earned the first batter to achieve a century in the 2012 IPL and was the leading run-scorer for the Rajasthan Royals. The Royals kept him for the 2014 Premier League season.
T20I Of Ajinkya Rahane
Rahane got his international appearance for India in August 2011 Twenty20 International versus England at Old Trafford Cricket Ground in Manchester. He scored a half-century (61 of 49) against an England invasion that included Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, and Tim Bresnan. Retired Indian captain Rahul Dravid played his lone T20I in this game.
Rahane was a member of the Indian squad that advanced to the World T20 finals in 2014. Following waiting on the substitutes for the first three games, he was allowed to participate versus Australia, where he scored 19 runs. He helped India get off to a solid start in the semi-final, hitting 32 runs as India won the game.
He successfully led India to victories in Twenty20 Internationals versus Zimbabwe, beating the first and defeating the second. In both games, he scored 33 and 4 runs, respectively.
|Top Scored in Innings:||20|
|% of Team Runs Scored:||11.43|
|Most Catches in Innings:||5|
|Most Catches in Match:||8|
|Tosses Won:||2 (33.33%)|
|Chose to Field/Won/Lost:||0/0/0|
Net Worth Of Ajinkya Rahane
Mr Ajinkya Rahane’s entire net worth is approximated to be 9 million USD, which is about 65 crore Indian rupees in Indian currency. Cricket was the primary foundation of Ajinkya Rahane’s revenue and personal worth. Mr Ajinkya Rahane’s brand worth is also quite strong, and he is the most regarded player in the world. He also gets a lot of money from international and national cricket games, as well as the Indian Premier League (IPL). He also promotes a number of products for which he charges a fee.
Social Media Accounts Of Ajinkya Rahane
Twitter – 6.5M Followers
Instagram – 4.1m followers
1. How many centuries does Ajinkya Rahane have in IPL?
Rahane has two centuries; in 151 IPL appearances, he has scored 3941 runs at an average of 31.53 and a strike rate of 121.34. He has two hundred and 28 fifties to his name, with his highest IPL score being an undefeated 105 in the 2019 tournament.
2. How many centuries does Ajinkya Rahane have?
3. Is Rahane a wicketkeeper?
No, Ajinkya Rahane is a non-wicketkeeper who has the maximum catches by a non-wicketkeeper in a single preseason game.