The professional Sri Lankan cricketer Bhanuka Rajapaksa, popularly known as PramodBhanukaBandara Rajapaksa was born on 24 October 1991. His home is in Colombo. He plays in international matches, representing his national team. He is a Right-arm medium bowler who bats left-hand in cricket ball games. He has been participating in domestic cricket games and came into the international career during the T20I series against Pakistan in 2019, ten years after his first-class debut for the Sinhalese Sports Club in 2011. Bhanuka has been a consistent performer in Sri Lanka’s domestic cricket.
Bhanuka got suspension in July 2011 from all forms of cricket for one year by the Sri Lanka Cricket for breach of contract and for accepting Media interviews without the required permission from SLC.
While in college, Bhanuka Rajapaksa played for the Royal College team. He played for the 2010 Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand and scored 253 runs that ranked him the leading run-scorer for Sri Lanka in the tournament. Bhanuka made the second-highest score for Sri Lanka in U19 ODI cricket back in 2009 and was the first Sri Lankan U19 cricketer to score 150 in U19 ODI innings.
Bhanuka got selected in Sri Lanka’s T20 International squad for the Pakistan tour in September 2019 and later on, he made his T20I debut for Sri Lanka against Pakistan on 5 October 2019. He made an impressive performance during various T20 matches and got congratulated as the best batsman cricketer.
He made his One Day International (ODI) debut on 18 July 2021, for Sri Lanka against India. Later Rajapaksa was named in Sri Lanka’s squad for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup. Finally, he gave a retirement announcement through a letter was written to the SLC which said, “I have very carefully considered my position as a player, husband and am taking this decision looking forward to fatherhood and associated familial obligations,” on date 5 January 2022 which he withdrew through a request to sports Minister.
Personal Information Of Bhanuka Rajapaksa
|DOB||24 October 1991|
|Birth Place||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|BOWLING STYLE||Right-arm medium|
|TEAMS||Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka U19, Ruhunu, Uva Next, Sri Lanka A, Galle, Kandy, Dambulla, Sri Lanka Board President XI, Deccan Gladiators, Cumilla Warriors, Galle Gladiators, The Chennai Braves, Punjab Kings|
Achievements of Bhanuka Rajapaksa in Cricket Career.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksamade his international debut for the T20I series against Pakistan in 2019
- He became the cricket player in the Royal College team as a college student. He also practiced swimming and squash.
- He batted for the 2010 Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand and became the leading run-scorer for Sri Lanka in the tournament with 253 runs.
- In the second U19 ODI in Australia tour, he 154 off 111 balls and ended the series as the leading run-scorer.
- He scored 154* for Sri Lanka in U19 ODI Cricket and was ranked the second-highest individual score. Bhanuka scored 150 in U19 ODI innings and he became the first Sri Lankan U19 cricketer.
- He domestically played for the Sinhalese Sports Club in Sri Lankan for Barisal Blazers in Bangladesh’s NCL T20 Bangladesh.
- He was named in Galle’s squad for the 2018 Super Provincial One Day Tournament, Kandy’s squad for the 2018 SLC T20 League, and in Dambulla’s squad for the 2019 Super Provincial One Day Tournament.
- He is 173 balls scored a career-high of 268 in a premier league season in 2019 against Ports Authorities for BRC at Moors Grounds and he hit 19 sixes and 22 fours in the innings. He again scored 110 runs in 112 balls with 17 fours and 3 sixes during Sri Lanka A’s tour of India in 2019, in the second test vs India Aat KSCA grounds, Hubli.
- He was drafted by the Galle Gladiators for the inaugural edition of the Lanka Premier League in October 2020, named in the SLC Greys team for the 2021 SLC Invitational T20 League tournament, selected to play for the Galle Gladiators for the 2021 Lanka Premier League and he was hired by the Punjab Kings in the auction for the 2022 Indian Premier League tournament.
Family information of Bhanuka Rajapaksa
Bhanuka Rajapaksa’s Family information is less known. His father nor his mother is mentioned. His siblings’ whereabouts are not learned.
He is married to his long-term lover Sandrine Pereira Rajapaksa. They married through a wedding ceremony 0n 5 April 2021.
Career summary of all formats
Bhanuka Rajapaksa made his debut in the T20I series against Pakistan in 2019 after his first-class debut. He scored 32 runs off 22 balls in the first match and scored 77 runs off 48 balls in the second match against Pakistan. He became the man of the match.
He made his One Day International (ODI) debut on 18 July 2021, for Sri Lanka against India and was s named in Sri Lanka’s squad for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in September 2021.
List A Career
He made his List A debut on 11 November 2009 representing Sinhalese against Badureliya at Colombo (SSC).
He made his FC debut in April 2011 representing Sinhalese against Bloomfield at Colombo.
He made his T20 cricket debut on March 25, 2009, against Ruhana at Colombo. He recently played the T20 match representing Kings against Gladiator at Hambantota on December 23, 2021.
Career Averages of all formats
Batting and fielding stats
IPL Career and Team
Bhanuka Rajapaksa got drafted by the Galle Gladiators for the inaugural edition of the Lanka Premier League in October 2020, he was listed in the SLC Greys team for the 2021 SLC Invitational T20 League tournament in August 2021, he was selected to represent the Galle Gladiators following by the Punjab Kings in the auction for the 2022 Indian Premier League tournament. The players’ draft for the 2021 Lanka Premier League and in February 2022 he was given a contract.
Bhanuka Rajapaksa Net-Worth
Bhanuka Rajapaksa’s net worth is approximately 6 million dollars, which he gets from his Cricket career and brand endorsements. He is ranked among the best crickets who significantly works hard to bring about his status.
Bhanuka Rajapaksa’s Social Media Accounts
He is on all social media accounts. His social media account’s name is Bhanuka Rajapaksa. He is on Instagram with 48.2k Followers.
- When did Bhanuka Rajapaksa make his ODI Debut?
He made his One Day International (ODI) debut on 18 July 2021, for Sri Lanka against India.
- How old is Bhanuka Rajapaksa?
He is 30 years old.
- What is the name of Bhanuka Rajapaksa’s wife?
His wife’s name is Sandrine Pereira Rajapaksa.