Harshal Patel is a first-class Indian professional international cricket player born on November 23rd, 1990, at Sanand town in Gujarat state. He is the head of Haryana in Ranji Trophy. Harshal Patel’s position on the squad is that of a right-arm seamer who is among the few Indian players who have represented two states in domestic cricket. He has now played 63 games since 2012.
At the insistence of his coach, Tarak Trivedi, Harshal and his family decided against staying in the US and flew back to India to pursue his career in cricket. The young lad stayed at Linden town and joined the Aggressive Cricket Club in 2008 to play at the New Jersey Cricket League. With the help of his brother, Tapan Patel, Harshal later returned to India to pursue professional cricket for the country. He currently plays the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) franchise at the Indian Premier League (IPL) and is the Haryana State Cricket Team captain in domestic format.
This article covers detailed information on the cricketer, Harshal Patel.
Personal Information About Harshal Patel
|Name||Harshal Vikram Patel|
|Date of birth||November 23, 1990|
|Birthplace||Sanand in Gujarat state|
|Age||31 years of age|
|Batting style||Right-hand bat|
|Bowling style||Right arm medium style|
Achievements Of Harshal Patel
Harshal’s achievements are drawn out from his diligence, hard work, and support from his family and fans during bowling and batting. He has gone through rigorous domestic cricket to escalate through the ranks to grasp the doors of IPL.
Here is a summary of the player’s significant achievements over time.
- Harshal is the primary bowler to claim a 5-wicket haul and a hattrick counter to Mumbai Indians in IPL.
- He’s among the few Indian players who have represented two states in domestic cricket.
- The Indian cricketer made his List-A debut for Gujarat after taking 23 wickets at anremarkable average of 11 in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy, 2008-2009 Under-19.
- The right-handed pacer was part of India’s squad for World T20 in 2010. He played for India in the same year in New Zealand’s Under-19 world cup, and soon bagged an IPL convention with the Mumbai Indians.
- After being unable to find a position in the Gujarat side, Harshal moved to Haryana and was under the watchful eyes of former England cricketer Ian Pont, who assisted him todevelop his skills. Here, he immediately impacted his debut Ranji Trophy season in 2011-2012, running through Karnataka and Rajasthan with eight-fours in the quarter-finals and semi-finals.
- Harshal Patel finished the Ranjiperiod with 28 wickets and completed his IPL debut for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Delhi Daredevils in the 2012 edition.
- In 2013, Harshal did not get a game in IPL but was repurchased by the charter in the 2014 player auction for INR for Rs 40 Lakh. He was primarily seen as a backup seamer instead of a first-choice option in the franchise set-up.
- He made a strong comeback in the 2015-2016 season, where his tally of 22 wickets in Ranji Trophy added to a haul of 13 doors in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, in which he also picked up his original List-A five-for.
- Harshal was then retained by Royal Challengers Bangalore ahead of the IPL 2016 player auction.
- In the 2019 Ranji Trophy season, he had a sensational show when he selected up 52 wickets in 9 games and smashed a 36-year-old Haryana record.
- Harshal also completed 292 runs at a typical of 22.6, mainly battling at position 8 in the Ranji season.
- The Ahmedabad-born cricketer unbolted and recorded 374 innings at an average of 31.17 in 12 tournaments in Syed Mushtaq All Trophy in T20s.
- He has played for several teams, including Delhi Capitals, Gujarat Cricket Association XI, India Under- 19s, Haryana, and Royal Challengers Bangalore, to name a few.
- After a brilliant Vivo IPL 2021, Harshana Patel was selected as a Net Bowler in Indian Team’s practice for the ICC T-20 World Cup 2021 at the United Arab Emirates.
Harshal Patel Family Background
Harshal was born in a prosperous Hindu family in Sanand town in Gujarat state. His father, Vikram Patel, is a civil aviation officer who works with Prime Flight Aviation. Darshana Patel, his mother, operates a successful Dunkin Doughnuts food chan.
His entire family believes in Hinduism and also worships Hindu deities. Apart from his parents, Harshal Patel has two siblings; his brother, Tapan Patel, and his sister, Archita Patel.
He studied and passed his high school examination from the school of Gujarat named Delhi public school. He graduated from the H. A college of commerce in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
Career Summary of All Formats
Harshal Patel has been fond of cricket since his childhood. He started training for cricket when he was only eight years old. Although Harshal is an all-rounder, the speedster has been unsuccessful in contributing as a batsman.
Apart from enhanced precision, Harshal has sharpened his Yorkers and added a highly effective off-cutter which he effectively uses in cricket games. His off-cutter usually bowled without any decipherable change in the action, wrist position, or release point is Harshal’s biggest weapon.
ODI Career Of Harshal Patel
He made his One Day International debut in 2009-2010 for Gujarat.
T20 Career Of Harsha Patel
In 2011, Harshal bagged a contract with Mumbai in the Indian T20 league but did not manage to get a game. His career didn’t take off as he would have liked after the BCCI left him out from the T20 World Cup 2021 but has since further impressed everyone with his heroics and is hoping to be one of the select few in the T20 World Cup 2022.
Test Career Of Harshal Patel
Test cricket is a series of matches that take up to five days with four innings played. Harshal Patel has not gotten the opportunity to be a test cricketer.
IPL Career Of Harshal Patel
Harshalcompleted his IPL inauguration while playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2012. His best season came in 2015 when he claimed 17 wickets for Royal Challengers Bangalore. So far, he has taken 43 wickets in 43 matches with best figures of 3/28.
In 2019, a meteoric rise was seen in Harshal’s stature in Indian Domestic cricket across formats. After consistent performances in the same year, he produced mind-blowing all-around performances match after match, opening the batting and bowling for Haryana in the Syed Mushtaq Trophy.
Net worth Of Harshal Patel
Even though he has remained an underrated player with explosive talent, Harshal Vikram’s current net worth sums up to Rs 7.5 crores. He earned a salary of Rs 40 Lakhs from the Royal Challengers Bangalore franchise and earned a subsequent wage of Rs 20 Lakhs from the Delhi franchise for a brief period of three years. His earnings in IPL have been around Rs 2 crores, and he is the highest wicket-taker in the entire season thus far.
Harshal Patel’s Social Media Accounts
His account is present on all social media platforms except Facebook, where he shares his latest photos with his fans and followers. He has more than 140 thousand followers on his Instagram account and is also present on Twitter, where he shares his unique ideas with his 11.2k followers. Wikipedia has also covered Harshal Patel on its website.
- Is Harshal Patel American?
Harshal is not an American but is a green cardholder. He and his family emigrated to the US for a while in 2005, before flying back to India.
- What Is Harshal Patel’s height?
His height is 1.75m(5’9″)
- What is Harshal Patel’s net worth?
His total net worth is around Rs 7.5 crore($2 million)
- Is Harshal Patel married?
No. Harshal is currently in a relationship with Devarshi Joshi, his girlfriend.
- Does Harshal Patel smoke or drink?
No, he does not smoke or take alcohol.
- Where does Harshal Patel live?
Harshal owns a luxurious designer house in Sanand, Gujarat, India, and multiple real-estate properties.
- Does Harshal Patel have a brother?
Harshal has two siblings. His brother, Tapan Patel and a sister, Archita Patel.
- Where does Harshal Patel hail from
He hailed from Sanand in Gujarat but moved to Haryana to develop his skills.
- What is Harshal’s body weight?
Harshal Patel weighs 65 kgs (143 lbs)
- What color are Harshal’s eyes?
The colour of the purple cap cricketer’s eyes is black.