Throughout the T20 tournament, whenever a player gets a century for the league, it is usually comparatively easy to retain the game. The same thing holds for worldwide T20 events such as the IPL. Though it is uncommon to see a player achieve a century in the 20-over format, certain cricketers have had great innings on their day. This article will look at the top five IPL Highest Score Batsman Individual by hitters in the Indian Premier League. There is just one Indian player on the ranking, with the remainder being outsiders.
The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a men’s cricket Twenty20 (T20) competition. The event has been contested yearly since 2008 and organized by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). Numerous sides entered and exited the competition in different years, and various club names were modified. The competition structure has usually featured a round-robin style, in which all teams compete with each other game twice, with every match taking place on either side’s home turf.
- Virat Kohli has by far the most runs scored in IPL ever.
- Lasith Malinga holds the record for most wickets in IPL ever.
Virat Kohli, an Indian batsman, owns the distinction for the highest runs scored in the IPL from its inception in 2008. Chris Gayle, on the other hand, has several single scoring achievements, notably the highest-individual score in a game (175 runs off 66 balls), the highest centuries (6), the greatest sixes struck (326), the highest sixes in a match (17), and the quickest century (from 30 balls). AB de Villiers retains the history of winning game player (24).
Lasith Malinga owns the title for most wickets collected (170), and he and Sunil Narine have the highest four-wicket hauls (7).
MS Dhoni, Dinesh Karthik, and Robin Uthappa control the Wicket-keeping charts, with all three players becoming within the top five in terms of highest stumps and catches. Suresh Raina, the batter, has the total catches by any outfield with 102.
RCB created history for the most runs in a single game with a total of 263–5 versus PWI during 2013, the similar Game where Gayle set the mark for the most runs in a game in IPL history and the spot for the most sixes in an innings. This is also the second most outstanding innings aggregate in a T20 match by any side. Besides, RCB also has the second record, scoring 248–5 versus GL. CSK defeated RR with a score of 246-5. In 2020, the Royals set a goal of 224 runs, the luckiest run chase in league history.
Since the league’s inception, just five clubs have won the championship. MI has claimed the most titles, five, with CSK, the existing crown, claiming four victories and KKR winning two.
Batters With IPL Highest Score Batsman In History
- Chris Gayle: The tournament’s ‘universe boss,’ owns the title for most runs scored in an inning. In the 2013 season, he scored 175 runs off 66 balls versus Pune Warriors when appearing for Royal Contenders Bangalore. Gayle’s stunning effort saw him reach the three-figure milestone in only 30 balls. His undefeated innings featured 13 fours and 17 sixes. Bangalore scored 263/5 thanks to Gayle’s century and held Pune to 133/9, victory by 130 runs.
- Brendon McCullum: Lit the arena on flames in the all quiet opening Game of the first session of the IPL, scoring 158 runs off 73 balls. He took this wicket while playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders versus Bangalore’s Royal Challengers. The previous New Zealand skipper hammered ten fours and 13 sixes in his undefeated inning. Kolkata quickly dominated this game by a significant score of 140 runs.
- AB De Villiers: AB De Villers scored 133 runs off 59 balls in the 2015 IPL game involving Mumbai Indians and Royal Contenders Bangalore. He collected 215 runs alongside Virat Kohli, who hit 82 runs off 50 balls. The elegant hitter blasted 19 fours and four sixes in his sessions, helping the squad to a 39-run victory.
- KL Rahul: KL Rahul smashed 132 runs against the Bangalore squad in the IPL 2020, held in the UAE. This is the maximum single performance by an Indian player in the cash-rich competition. In his undefeated 69-ball innings, Rahul smashed 14 fours and seven sixes. Punjab achieved 206/3 in the initial innings and bowled the opponents out for 109 runs to win by 97 runs.
- AB de Villiers: AB de Villiers of the Proteas is also among the top five scorers in the tournament, fifth place. AB de Villiers and Virat Kohli hit hundreds in the IPL 2016 match versus Gujarat Lions, helping the club post 248/3 in 20 overs. The South African blasted 129 runs off 52 balls, comprising ten fours and 12 sixes, while Virat smashed 109 runs off 55 balls. The Gujarat side was out for 104 runs in the chase, losing a massive 144-run deficit.
Top 5 Highest Individual Scores In IPL History
|AB de Villiers||133*||59||MI||4/19||225.42|
|AB de Villiers||129*||52||GL||12/10||248.07|
Most runs In IPL
Most Runs Against Each Teams In IPL
|RR||652||AB de Villiers||DD/RCB||22||20||2008-2021|
Highest Career Average In IPL
Most Runs In A Series In IPL
|1||973||Virat Kohli||RCB||16||16||2016 Indian Premier League|
|2||848||David Warner||SEARCH||17||17||2016 Indian Premier League|
|3||735||Kane Williamson||17||17||2018 Indian Premier League|
|4||733||Chris Gayle||RCB||15||14||2012 Indian Premier League|