Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a former professional cricketer who captained the Indian national team in limited-overs formats from 2007 to 2017 and in Test cricket from 2008 to 2014. MS Dhoni was born on July 7, 1981, in Ranchi, Jharkhand (then in Bihar), India. Dhoni had a golden run as a captain with an unbeaten run in the Test series since his Deputy as a captain, leading the team tremendously and only to their first stint as the top-ranked Test team in the world.
MS Dhoni is the great and only captain who in the records of the history of the cricket game to have won all the ICC trophies. He is the most scrutinized cricketer from India. While Dhoni was a captain, India was able to win the top prize in all formats: they were at the top in the Test rankings for 18 months starting December 2009, the 50-over World Cup in 2011, and the World T20 on his captaincy deputy in 2007.
Personal Information About MS Dhoni
|Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nick Name||MS Dhoni|
|Date of Birth||7 July 1981|
|BirthPlace||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|Bowling style||Right-Arm Fast Medium|
Family Information Of MS Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born to the family of Pan Singh who is his father. MS Dhoni‘s mother is known as Devki Devi. He was also blessed to have his siblings, one brother namely Narendra Singh Dhoni and a sister who goes by the name Jayanti Gupta.
Dhoni is married to one wife. His marriage come through on 4 July 2010 when he was officially married to his lovely wife by the name Sakshi Dhoni. In his marriage period since then, they are blessed with one child named Not Ziva.
Achievements Of MS Dhoni In His Cricket Career
MS Dhoni’s cricket career has helped him throughout his profession as a national team captain to achieve greatness in life. He was able to bag awards during his line of duty as a team captain and also a Cricket player who is a skill full in destruction during batting and also a wicket-keeper.
- In the year 2007- 2008, he was awarded Major Dhyannchand Khel Ratna Award, India’s highest honour given for achievement in sports.
- MS Dhoni got fewer opportunities to bat in 2018, with the Indian team’s top order in turbo-mode, and saw an unsettling downturn in form, the likes of which had not been seen since the early days of his international career.
- Dhoni successfully guided India to the 2015 World Cup semi-finals, when the reigning champions lost to Australia for cricket’s most coveted title. Dhoni was once again the lone warrior, gritting his way to 65 as his team fell short by 95 runs.
- Dhoni stood down as captain of the Indian ODI and T20I teams on January 4, 2017, bringing an end to an era in Indian cricket.
- MS Dhoni, who has led the team with zest and flair across all game formats for more than nine years, elected to play with the freedom of a pure batter in his final lap of international cricket, free of the significant load of leadership.
- Dhoni, who had convinced the world that the batsman had the upper hand if 20 runs were needed off the penultimate over, had converted to a sheet anchor mode with younger pinch-hitters batting around him, proving to be a benchmark of adaptability in the Indian squad once again.
- Dhoni made two centuries during Sri Lanka’s 2009 visit to India, a set of three matches in which India won 2–0. With this achievement, India ascended to the top spot in Test cricket for the first time in history. India scored 726–9 (decl) in the third game of this campaign, their best Test total of the series.
Career Summary In All Formats Of MS Dhoni
ODI Career Of MS Dhoni
He was picked by the Indian ODI team after making a mark in the India A squad, MS Dhoni was picked in the ODI squad for the Bangladesh tour in 2004/2005. Dhoni did not have a great start to his ODI career, getting run out for a duck on debut. In spite of an average series against Bangladesh, Dhoni was picked for the Pakistan ODI series.
Actually, Dhoni got his breakthrough in the second match of the series, in his 5th ODI he scored 148 in Visakhapatnam off only 123 deliveries which made him the highest scorer by an Indian wicket-keeper. He was promoted to NO.3 in the third ODI in October – November 2005 at Sawai Mansingh Stadium. His international Debut in ODI Cricket was in a match between Bangladesh against India at the Chattogram on December 23, 2004.
T20 Cricket Career Of MS Dhoni
In his International Twenty20 debut, Dhoni participated in the match between the South Africa team and India at Johannesburg on December 01, 2006. In 2012 February, MS Dhoni made an unbeaten 44 to guide India to the first win over Australia at Adelaide. He was also chosen to the 2007 ICC World Twenty 20 world cup where he made his captaincy debut. He became the 2nd Indian captain to have won a World Cup in any cricket form. His last match of T20 was Super Kings against KKR at Dubai (DCS) was on October 15, 2021.
Test Career Of MS Dhoni
In the International Test Cricket, he first participated in the match between India and Sri Lanka at Chennai on December 02 – 06, 2005. His last Test Match was Australia versus India at Melbourne on December 26-30, 2014.
IPL Career Of MS Dhoni
In the international premier league for Chennai Super King, he wins 5 times of IPL. MS Dhoni has participated in a total of 220 matches, where he was able to collect a total of 4746 runs with an average of 39.55 and high scores of averagely 84 with Not-Out of 73 in the Batting and Fielding.
Career Stats Averages In all Format Of MS Dhoni
Career Batting Stats Of MS Dhoni
Fielding Stats Of MS Dhoni
Bowling Stats Of MS Dhoni
Right-Arm Medium Bowler
Net Worth Of MS Dhoni
His Net Worth is estimated to be around 786.52 Crores equivalent to about $111 million. He earns millions through his endorsements like Indian Terrain, Colgate, Red Bus, Panerai, LivFast, Snickers India, NetMeds, and Dream 11.
Dhoni is also a great businessman in various fields of business. He owns stakes in football clubs Chennaiyin FC, Mahi Racing Team India and Ranchi Rays. His contract with Chennai Super Kings is worth Rs15 Crore. According to BBCI, Dhoni’s retainer fee is 2Crorer ($209256), Test fee is 15lakh ($23194), ODI fee 6lakh ($9277) and T20 fee is 3lakh ($4638).
Additionally, MS Dhoni owns apartments, gyms, Hotels, Vehicles of different make that are worth much more thus being regarded as one among the richest Cricket players.
Social Media Accounts Of MS Dhoni
Instagram – 37.7M followers
Twitter – 8.4M Followers
Facebook – 27M followers
1. What is the nickname of MS Dhoni?
He is also known as Mahi.
2. What was the role of MS Dhoni in Cricket?
He was a Wicket-keeper in Cricket.
3. What is the Marital status of MS Dhoni?
MS Dhoni married his wife namely Sakshi Dhoni on the year 2010, July 04.