The South African batsman and wicket-keeper Quinton De Kock has been a hard-hitting power for the Proteas and Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League – IPL. Quinton De Kock bats as the opener in the Test matches, ODIs, and T20Is. But he opens the batting for Mumbai Indians – MI in the cash-rich league tournament IPL. Quinton De Kock will be the player to watch out for from the South African squad in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2021 in the UAE.
Quinton De Kock is a high profile that represents South Africa at the International level. De Kock was also the captain of the South Africa team, and he led the team in all three formats of the game. Born on 17th December 1992, Quinton De Kock used to play cricket in his school. He went to the King Edward VII School in Johannesburg, and he was spotted as a boy who had cricketing talent. Quinton also used to lay for the OLD EDS Club as a School Boy.
In 2009 and 2010, Quinton De Kock started his domestic career, and he played in the Gauteng’s senior team of Jonesburg at the age of 16. And later, he represented his national team in the Under 19 world cup.
In 2012, Quinton De Kock played the ICC Under 19 World Cup for South Africa and against Bangladesh, he played a match-winning knock of 95 runs. South Africa won that game by 133 runs in the end. In the second game of that under 19 tournament, Quinton De Kock slammed a century. He scored 126 runs which came off just 106 balls. South Africa again emerged as the winners of that contest.
But in the quarter-final, Quinton De Kock managed just seven runs to his name with the bat. Yet Quinton De Kock earned a good name because he had five dismissals, two stumpings, and three catches in that game. De Kock had scored 284 runs overall in that tournament.
In 2013, Quinton Played the Ram Slam Tournament of the shortest format. Quinton DE Kock played some good and match-winning knocks for his side. He also took his team Highveld Lions to the finals of that tournament, and they were crowned as the champions of that T20 event.
Quinton DE Kock had scored 126 runs in the 2013 edition of that tournament, and that mammoth score came against Cape Town Cobras. This knock of 126 runs is the highest wicket-keeper batsman in an innings.
Quinton had played the T20 tournament IPL and different T20 leagues worldwide, such as Mzansi Super League, where he represented Cape Town Blitz in that tournament for two back-to-back years in 2018 and 2019. De Kock also played the Champions League T20 tournament and in that one match was against the current IPL franchise Mumbai Indians, which Quinton’s team Highveld Lions won. De Kock scored an unbeaten 51 runs off 33 deliveries in that game.
The Achievement of Quinton De Kock
Quinton De Kock made his International debut in the T20 International format against New Zealand. Since then, he hasn’t looked back even once whenever he has played for his country, South Africa. De Kock has been a consistent top-order contributor for South Africa, especially in the T20Is and the fifty-over format.
- In 2017, Quinton De Kock was named the Cricketer of the Yar in the Annual awards of Cricket South Africa.
- Quinton De Kock had scored three back to back centuries in the fifty overs format against India when the men in blue toured South Africa in 2013. Quinton De Kock was just the fifth player to achieve this feat in the One Day International cricket.
- In that same ODI series, Quinton De Kock was the highest run-getter ever in fifty over formats. De Kock broke the record of Martin Guptil and achieved this amazing feat.
- Quinton De Kock shares a joint record with the West Indian Legend Viv Richards. In 2014 on the tour of Zimbabwe, Quinton DE Kock was the joint quickest to score 1000 runs in the ODI – One Day International cricket format.
- In 2017 against Bangladesh, Quinton De Kock and Hashim Amla set the highest runs to stand for any wicket in the ODI format.
- Quinton De Kock was named in the World XI of the International Cricket Council – ICC.
- In 2020, Quinton DE Kock scored his 15th hundred in the One Day International format, and he also became the second-fastest to score five thousand in the fifty formats from the team South Africa.
- The 2019 World Cup in the fifty overs was the one to forget for the South Africans fans. But Quinton de Kock did well for the Proteas in that ICC event. He scored 305 runs from just eight matches.
- In Test cricket, Quinton De Kock became the fastest wicket-keeper to have 150 dismissals. He achieved this feat in just 35 Test matches.
- In 2019, Quinton De Kock became the fastest wicket-keeper to achieve 200 Test dismissals. He took just 47 innings to get to this milestone.
- In 2021 against West Indies, Quinto De Kock scored three thousand Test runs for South Africa. He is joint with Mark Boucher, the wicket-keeper legend of the country, in the similar feat.
- Quinton De Kock is only the second wicketkeeper-batsman to captain the side, and he scored a hundred in the fifty over format cricket.
- Quinton De Kock has scored the fastest fifty in T20I cricket, which came from just 17 balls, and that is the record in South African cricket.
Career Stats of Quinton De Kock
In the traditional format, Quinton De Kock made his Test debut against Australia in 2014. But his test career has been with a lot of ups and downs. It hasn’t been a consistent career like the Limited Overs format. So far, Quinton De Kock has played 53 matches and 89 innings in the Test format. He has scored 3245 runs at an average of 39.1 and strike rate of 71.15 with six Test centuries and 22 half-centuries.
The fifty-over format has been a loved format for Quinton De Kock. He has achieved some greats records in the ODIs, and he will aim to win the ICC World Cup of the 50 overs in 2023 after a disgraceful show in 2019. He has played 124 ODI matches and innings. He has scored 5355 runs with an average of 4445.38 and a strike rate of 95.47. Quinton De Kock also has scored 16 ODI centuries and 26 half-centuries to his name.
Quinton De Kock will be the player to watch out for in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2021 in UAE and Oman. His batting blitz at the top order will help South Africa achieve greater heights in that ICC tournament. Quinton De Kock made his international start from the shortest format, and he went to represent the longer and the traditional format for South Africa.
He made his T20I debut against New Zealand in 2012, and so far, he has played 77 matches and scored 2256 with one century and 16 half-centuries. He has an amazing strike rate of 130.93 that allows the innings to start well, and he has been doing it in the IPL. De Kock averages 45.48 in this shortest format.
Many few people know that Quinton De Kock made his IPL debut with the orange army, SRH – Sunrisers Hyderabad, in 2013 against PWI – Pune Warriors India. In the next IPL season, Quinton De Kock played for the Delhi Capitals after he brought for 3.5 crores. He was a member of the DC squad till 2017, and in IPL season 2018, Quinny was brought by RCB – Royal Challengers Bangalore. Since 2019, Quinton De Kock has been an integral part of the five-time champions MI – Mumbai Indians.
He has played 77 matches in the cash-rich tournament so far, and he has scored 2256 runs with a strike rate of 130.93 and an average of 31.33. Quinton de Kock has one IPL century and 16 half-centuries.
Net Worth of Quinton De Kock
In the current year of 2021, Quinton De Kock has a Net Worth of 87 Crores. Quinny’s main source of income is cricket, and in the IPL 2021 season, his salary was 2.80 crores. The central contract fee of Quinton De Kock is 350,000 Million dollars for playing the Tests, ODI, and T20I format for South Africa. He also gets the bonus fees for a special appearance. Quinton De Kock gets 12oo Million Dollars, and for T20s, he earns 800 Million dollars.
Family Details of Quinton De Kock
Quinton DE Kock has been married to Sasha Hurry. His father’s name is Emest De Kock, and his sister’s name is Dalian De Kock. The hometown of Quinton De Kock is Johannesburg, South Africa.
Social Media accounts of Quinton De Kock
Instagram – 473 Million followers – https://www.instagram.com/qdk_12/?hl=en
Twitter – 198.3 Followers – https://twitter.com/quinnydekock69?lang=en
Facebook Page –https://www.facebook.com/QuintondeKock11/
Who is the favorite actress of Quinton De Kock?
Quinton De Kock loves the Indian actress Kareena Kapoor Khan.
Who was the captain of the Under 19 team in 2012?
Quinton DE Kock had captained the South African team in that tournament. He captained the side for eight games of the ICC Under 19 World Cup tournament.
Which was the favorite ground of Quinton De Kock?
SuperSport Park in Centurion is the favorite ground for cricket laying for Quinton De Kock. Despite being from Johannesburg and that city has Wander’s stadium< De Kock loves this ground from the Centurion.