Rashid Khan Armaan is considered to be the youngest captain in international history. His four-wicket haul in four balls makes him one of the rare bowlers to accomplish this feat. He’s one of the country’s first-ever Test cricketers.
A year and a half later, in February 2017, while on another tour stop in Zimbabwe. The young leg spinner commanded the highest ever IPL Auction price for an Associate player. Sunrisers Hyderabad paid INR 4 crores for his services. While this was happening, Rashid rapidly became a lock for Afghanistan. Despite his lack of turning ability, he consistently puts pressure on the batsman by swiftly bowling through the air.
One of his most potent weapons is a pinpoint-accurate googly, which may net him a wicket. Expect him to use Afridi’s famous “Starman” celebration in his performances. With his athleticism, Rashid is frequently used in one-day cricket’s high-traffic areas like the covers.
Kabul Eagles star Rashid Khan has been a force to be reckoned with. Following an outstanding debut season with Sunrisers, he signed lucrative multi-year contracts with the Guyana Amazon Warriors. For Afghanistan, he kept setting new records as well.
The team is on an 11-match winning streak in Twenty 20 internationals after going 5 for 3 against Ireland National Cricket Team. His 7 for 18 in the Caribbean against West Indies later that year, his fourth-best ODI haul, helped his team defeat the Windies in their debut ODI. Rashid was named the 2017 ICC Associate Cricketer of the Year as a result of his achievements.
Afghanistan’s first-ever Test match was won by Rashid, who played admirably. Rashid earned the ‘International Cricket Council’s youngest-ever one-day international (ODI) bowling champion in February 2018 at 19. Rashid also topped the ICC’s all-rounder rankings following his impressive showing in the 2018 ‘Asia Cup.’
When he led Afghanistan to victory in the 2018 “World Cup Qualifier” competition, he made history as the sports youngest ever captain. This is his first season playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Other than that, he played for Afghan clubs like ‘Kabul Zwanan.’
Personal Information About Rashid Khan
|Nick Name||Rashid khan|
|Born||Sep 20, 1998|
|Bowling style||Leg Break|
|Playing Role||Middle Order Batsman|
Achievements Of Rashid Khan
In 2011, Rashid Khan made his England short-format debut against South Africa. For Afghanistan, He was wearing the shortest format. So, when the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 comes around, he’ll be a guy to keep an eye on for Afghanistan. In the shortest format, he has set new records.
- In One Day Internationals, he has the best bowling stats for an associate nation. This record set against the West Indies in 2017.
- Rashid Khan is also the ICC’s No. 1 One-Day International Bowler in One Day International Rankings’ youngest ever player.
- He is also the ICC T20I bowler’s rankings’ youngest top bowler.
- He is also the world’s youngest head coach, having taken the helm at just 19 years and 165 days.
- With his 50 wickets in T20s, Rashid also owns the record for the quickest time to 50 wickets. He completed it in under 2 years, 220 days.
- Rashid Khan also holds the record for the most One Day International wickets taken by a player under 25. In addition, he did it the fastest of any player, winning all 44 of his matches in the process.
- Rashid is Afghanistan’s all-time leading wicket-taker and run-scorer with 5 wickets for 3 runs.
- In addition, he is the first player in T20I history to take 5 wickets in just 2 overs.
- Rashid Khan holds the record for the most wickets taken from different sides in a single One Day International with the Irish player Paul Stirling.
- This is a game between two countries. There were a total of 6 wickets shared between the two players.
- His four-wicket haul in four balls makes him a rare breed.
- Aside from that, his first Test match record includes the most runs conceded by a bowler (152 runs).
- He also has the World Cup record for the most expensive spell (110 runs in 9 overs) bowled.
- Afghan bowler Rashid Khan is the first to collect 5- and 10-wicket hauls in Tests.
- His 10-wicket haul in Test matches makes him the first player to do it while captaining his country.
- In addition, Rashid Khan is the only player in Test history to score 50 runs and take 10 wickets in the same game.
- He is also the first player in the Caribbean Premier League to score a hat-trick. In the 2017 season, he scored three goals in a row to complete his Hat-trick.
Career Summary All formats Of Rashid Khan
As far as cricket careers go, Rashid Khan has had a successful one across all three formats. His professional accomplishments speak for themselves, and he has a long list of them to show for it.
Domestic Career Of Rashid Khan
Afghanistan’s domestic cricket team, Band e Amir Dragons, features Rashid Khan. In First-Class cricket, he has a fifty-wicket haul and a half-century to his name.
ODI Career Of Rashid Khan
On October 18, 2015, he made his international debut for Pakistan against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo. In the game, he had one wicket. He’s taken 133 wickets in ODIs so far, which is a great start.
Test career Of Rashid Khan
Rashid Khan made his Afghanistan cricket debut against India on June 14, 2018, as one of the team’s first-ever Test players. While India prevailed, he was a costly bowler, picking up 2 wickets for 153 runs.
T20 Career Of Rashid Khan
His T20I debut came just a few days after his ODI debut against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo on October 26, 2015. The Afghans triumphed by six wickets, with Rashid Khan picking up a match-winning wicket.
Club Career Of Rashid Khan
Throughout his career, Rashid Khan has played for numerous teams all over the world. Currently, he plays for the Indian Premier League’s Sunrisers Hyderabad, the Big Bash League’s Adelaide Strikers, and English County Cricket’s Sussex County.
While playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2017 Indian Premier League, he finished as the league’s sixth-leading wicket-taker. He was re-signed for the 2018 season and finished with 21 wickets as the second-highest wicket-taker in the league. He had 16 wickets in 15 games during the 2019 Indian Premier League season.
He finished fourth in the Caribbean Premier League 2017 with 14 wickets after taking a Hat-trick. A member of the 2017-18 Big Bash League winning team, He finished with 18 wickets in 11 matches, which made him the league’s leading bowler for the year 2017.
The past few years have seen him play for the Comilla Victorians, Kabul Zwanan, and Durban Heat.
Captaincy For Afghanistan Of Rashid Khan
Rashid Khan has been Afghanistan’s captain in all three formats of the game and has captained the Afghan squad on numerous occasions. In the 2018 ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifiers, he successfully led the Afghan squad to qualification for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.
As a captain, he had a stellar record, going undefeated in Tests and Twenty 20 Internationals. Rashid has guided the side to a single victory in four One Day Internationals. After Asghar Afghan was reappointed as captain in all three versions of the game, he was relieved of his duties as captain in December 2019.
Net Worth Of Rashid Khan
Rashid Khan has a net worth of â122 crore, according to the network. The income he earns from the Afghanistan Cricket Board as a professional cricketer makes up the majority of his net worth. He has no other assets.
His money as an endorser for companies like My11cricle and Monster energy drink is included in his net worth. He allegedly charges a lot of money to endorse a product. Aside from the Big Bash League and Pakistan Super League, he also makes a good living by playing in other leagues.
Social Media Accounts Of Rashid Khan
Instagram – 3.1m followers
Twitter – 1.2M Followers
1. Is Rashid Khan currently residing in the United Arab Emirates?
It’s no secret that Mohammed Rashid Khan is a young Indian man from Gujarat with big goals of becoming an inspiration to other young people in the UAE.
2. Will Rashid Khan take part in the Indian Premier League?
International Premier League (IPL) 2021 cricketers, including Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, and Mujeeb your Rahman, have urged peace, progress, and charitable contributions. Sunrisers Hyderabad is home to all three of these players.
3. When did Rashid Khan begin his professional life?
Afghanistan’s tour of Zimbabwe in October 2015 saw Rashid Khan make his ODI debut less than a month after his 17th birthday. On his return to the IPL tour after an 18-month absence, the precocious legspinner brought in the highest ever IPL Auction offer for an Associate player while playing in Zimbabwe in February 2017.