The opening batsman, Shikhar Dhawan, was brought into this world on the 5th of December in the year 1985 into a middle-class Khatri Punjabi family.
Shikhar started playing cricket at a very young age and began his club career as a wicket-keeper batsman. He was coaxed by one of his uncles to attend a prestigious Sonnet Club to train under the famous belated coach, Tarak Sinha. During his training, Shikhar immediately impressed him by recording a century for the U-15 team in a school competition.
The Indian International Cricketer finished his studies in St. Marks Senior Secondary government school in Paschim Vihar, Delhi. However, Shikhar discontinued his further studies after finishing the 12th grade in order to focus on his cricket profession. He presently plays for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL 2022 and Delhi in the course of Domestic cricket.
Even though Shikhar made waves at the 2004 U-19 World Cup, he never got a chance in joining the Indian Premier League due to a long list of world-class players who were prioritized. Nevertheless, his patience and good performance on cricket fields paid off when he was called up to the Indian squad in the year 2010 for three ODIs countering Australia.
Personal Information Of Shikhar Dhawan
|Full Names||Shikhar Dhawan|
|Date of Birth||5 December 1985|
|Age||36 years of age|
|Place of Birth||Delhi|
|Weight||71 kgs, 156.53 lbs|
|Batting Method||Left-hand bat|
|Bowling Method||Right-arm off-break|
|Playing Part||Opening batter|
Achievements Of Shikhar Dhawan
- Shikhar made his 1st class presentation for Delhi in the year 2004 where he was named the player of the tournament after recording 505 runs.
- He earned an IPL contract in 2008 and played alongside Dilshan and Gambhir in the Delhi Daredevils squad.
- He secured a spot in Delhi U-19 team at the age of fifteen after being subsequently selected to play for North Zone U-16s team.
- Shikhar is the only player who has gotten two golden bats in a row at the ICC Champions Trophy.
- The naturally attacking left-handed openerwas a member of the India A Listsquad in the Europe-Asia Cricket Set of programs in the months of April and May 2006.
- Shikhar scored a century in the Challenger Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Ranji Trophy in the 2012-2013 season.
- Shikhar had a purple patch in 2013 and emerged as the contender of the contest in the ICC Champions Trophy in June 2013.
- He had a dismal Test set of programs countering South Africa in 2013 and an even worse one in England in the year 2014.
- Shikhar started off 2015 with clean 72 runs countering Pakistan and a glorious and adept 137 at the MCG against South Africa National Team.
- He recorded his Maiden test 100 countering Australia in 2013 which made him become the first Indian batsman to tally a century in Dhawan’s 100th ODI. He earned the distinction once Virender Schwag was shown the door giving him a chance to prove himself.
- Dhawan is the sole Indian and sixth batsman internationally to have recorded a century on day one of the Test competition.
- Shikhar Dhawan was appointed skipper of the Sunrisers Hyderabad squad before the commencement of the 2013 Champions League T20 competition.
- Deccan Chargerslaid hands on him for only $300,000 in the fourth season of IPL.
- Shikhar won CEAT International Contender of the year in the 2013-2014 season.
- The international cricketer missed the fifth ODI when India was playing against Sri Lanka in the year 2017 because his mother was unwell. However, he rushed back to join his team for the next series.
- Ahead of the 2019 IPL auctions, He was traded by Sunrisers Hyderabad as they sold him to Delhi Capitals in exchange for Vijay Shankar and Shahbaz Nadeem.
- Shikhar has recorded the blistering Test Century with a deb 187 off 174.
- He scored a lion’s share of runs in ICC Champions Trophy in the years 2013 and 2017.
- As a batsman, Shikhar has recorded a lion’s share of runs in a calendar year in T20Is.
- He won the Wisden Cricketer of the Year Award in 2014.
- He has recently been named the vice-captain of the Indian T20I team in contemplation of the Tri-Series in Sri Lanka.
Family Background Of Shikhar Dhawan
Shikhar was brought into this world by a Punjabi family. His parents are Sunaina Dhawan and M. Pal Dhawan. He has only one sibling, a sister, named Shreshta Dhawan who is married.
He is married to a Melbourne-based woman named Ayesha Mukherjee who is a half Bengali and half British amateur boxer. She was only eight years old when her family moved to Australia. They were introduced to each other by Harbhajan Singh, the Indian spinner and the couple are blessed with a son, Zoravar Dhawan. From her previous marriage, Ayesha had two daughters, Aliyah and Rhea. They recently got divorced in September 2021.
Career Summary All Format Of Shikhar Dhawan
Shikhar began participating in the U-16s for Delhi in the Vijay Merchant Trophy where he took his squad to the finals as the leading run-scorer. He garnered the most attention for recording 505 runs at an average of 84.16 with three centuries in the middle of the 2004 Under-19s World Cup that took place in Bangladesh. Later in that same year, Shikhar drew up his 1st class presentation for Delhi countering Andhra.
His List A presentation later followed when he played countering Jammu and Kashmir in the year 2005 in the course of the Ranji One-day Trophy. He also represented India A during the EurAsia Cricket Set of programs in the course of April-May 2006. As Delhi’s skipper for a List A tournament, Shikhar scored a century in the Challenger Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Ranji Trophy in the 2012-2013 season.
ODI Career Of Shikhar Dhawan
Shikhar drew up his first One Day International selection in October of the year 2010 for a three-match ODI set of programs countering the Australia National Team. He also made his international presence in the course of the second ODI at Visakhapatnam on 20th October.
He participated in his hundredth ODI countering South Africa and recorded his thirteenth century there.
T20 Career Career Of Shikhar Dhawan
Shikhar made his T20I presentation in June 2011 countering West Indies on the 4th of June at Port of Spain. He has so far recorded the most runs in T20Is compared to other cricket professionals. He began his Indian T20 League with Delhi but later switched alliance to Mumbai.
Test Career Of Shikhar Dhawan
He made it to the Test crew in the second month of 2013 for a four-tournament set of programs countering Australia. Countering the Afghanistan cricket team, Shikhar recorded a century prior to the luncheon on the first day of a Test tournament.
IPL Career Of Shikhar Dhawan
The left-handed opening batsman will participate in IPL 2022 for Punjab Kings. He had previously played for Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils in the IPL.
Net Worth Of Shikhar Dhawan
It is roughly calculated that Shikhar’s book value has grown by 40% in the previous few years. As of February, this year, Shikhar’s net worth is Rs. 105 crores which are equivalent to $14 million. Most of his income comes from cricket. In addition to that, Shikhar pockets a large amount of money from numerous global and local cricket tournaments and the Indian Premier League. Shikhar Dhawan also superscribes various brands where he levies a huge amount of money which has shepherded to his towering brand value and book value.
He will earn a salary of INR 82,500,000 from the IPL 2022 for being a team member of the Punjab Kings and therefore earns an annual income of Rs. 8 crores.
Social Media Accounts Of Shikhar Dhawan
Shikhar Dhawan has a massive admirer following across the globe. He has a massive Instagram following of more than ten million, a Twitter following of almost seven million and a very high number of Facebook likes on his Facebook page which has surpassed eleven million.
Instagram – 10.6M followers
Twitter – 6.5M Followers
Facebook – 17M followers
1. What is Shikhar Dhawan’s net worth?
His book value is roughly calculated to Rs. 105 crores.
2. Who is Shikhar’s wife?
Shikhar was married to Ayesha Mukherjee but they later got divorced.
3. How old is Shikhar Dhawan?
Dhawan is thirty-six years of age and will turn thirty-seven near the end of this year.