Vijay Shankar, a middle-order batsman who can battle out assaults and bowl medium-pace, asserted himself as an essential component of a Tamil Nadu squad in transformation in 2014-15. Shankar, who was especially powerful off the pads and had a penchant for striking on the rise, scored 111, 82, 91, and 103 in the Ranji Trophy knockout stages to end with 577 runs at 57.70 that campaign after recovering from a groin complaint.
He was then called up to India A. He scored an undefeated half-century over an Australia A onslaught, including Gurinder Sandhu, Andrew Fekete, Sean Abbott, and Steve O’Keefe. Shankar likewise excelled versus South Africa A, intending to become a true allrounder rather than a batter who can bowl part-time.
Vijay Shankar had developed his abilities as a youngster on his terrace, which functioned as a temporary indoor net, with his father and brother Ajay, who performed lower-division cricket in Tamil Nadu. Shankar bowled off-spin until 20 when he shifted to intermediate pace to get into the spin-heavy Tamil Nadu team.
He made his first-class appearance at 21 versus Vidarbha at Nagpur, where he made 63 not out and got two wickets. Before his breakout season in 2014-15, he served as an apprentice to a well-established middle order. He also served as an understudy for the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL, appearing in just one game across three seasons. In the 2016 IPL, he was acquired by Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Personal Information About Vijay Shanka
|Real Name||Vijay Shankar|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1991|
|Parents||H. Shankar, Rama Shankar|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Home Town||Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India|
Family Background Of Vijay Shankar
Vijay Shankar (born January 26, 1991, in Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India) is a former Indian cricketer. His Shankar, his father, is a previous club cricketer, and Rama Shankar, his mother, is a housewife. He also has an older brother, Ajay Shankar, a cricketer. Vijay Shankar married Vaishali Viswearan in January 2021. His wife works as a school teacher.
When Shankar was confident of his cricket career, his father remodelled the home and built nets on the balcony where he and his brother exercise.
He is an allrounder who bats right-handed and bowls moderate-paced right-arm spin. He was included in India’s team for the 2019 Cricket World Cup in April 2019.
Achievements Of Vijay Shankar
- He was picked as Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s substitute in India’s Test team for their series versus Sri Lanka on November 20, 2017; unfortunately, he did not participate. He was picked to India’s Twenty 20 International (T20I) team for the 2018 Nidahas Trophy in February 2018. On March 06, 2018, he made his T20I appearance for India versus Sri Lanka in the 2018 Nidahas Trophy. He grabbed his maiden T20I wicket in his second game, eliminating Mushfiqur Rahim via the Umpire Decision Review System. He grabbed two wickets for 32 runs in India’s six-wicket victory in the second match of the 2018 Nidahas Trophy, and he was awarded player of the game.
- Shankar was picked as the substitute for Hardik Pandya, who was suspended for making inflammatory statements on a TV show, for the final two One Day Internationals (ODIs) of the Australian visit and the entire limited-overs series New Zealand in January 2019.
- On January 18, 2019, he got his One-Day International (ODI) appearance versus Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- Vijay Shankar was picked to India’s team for the 2019 Cricket World Cup in April 2019, above seasoned players such as Ambati Rayudu. He was chosen one of the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) five extensive shock selections for the competition. He grabbed a wicket with his first ball, marking only the third player in World Cup history to do so. Then, because of an ailment, Shankar was forced out of India’s last two games, with Mayank Agarwal designated as his substitute.
Vijay Shankar Career Summary of All Formats
IPL Career Of Vijay Shankar
In the IPL 2014, Vijay Shankar played only one match for the Chennai Super Kings. CSK again signed him for the IPL 2015 & 2016 seasons, but he couldn’t manage the eleven.
He appeared in one game for the Chennai Super Kings in 2014 and four for the Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2017. On May 13, 2017, he scored 63 not out versus the Gujarat Lions.
In the 2018 IPL bidding, he was purchased by the Delhi Daredevils in January 2018.
For the 2019 IPL season, he was transferred back to the Sunrisers Hyderabad. The International Cricket Council (ICC) designated him one of eight performers to monitor the upcoming Indian Premier League competition in March 2019. In the 2022 Indian Premier League bidding, he was purchased by the Gujarat Titans in February 2022.
Sunrises Hyderabad signed him for the 2017 IPL. He scored 101 runs at an average of 50.50 in the four matches he played in the tournament.
Later, Delhi Daredevils brought him at the IPL auction for the 2018 season. He played thirteen matches in the tournament and scored 212 runs in it.
Shankar was traded back to the SRH for the IPL 2019. In the season, he managed to score 244 runs in 15 matches under the captainship of Kane Williamson and Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Delhi Capitals brought him at 3.20 crores (INR) for the 2020 IPL.
Later, Great Titans (GT) bought Vijay at the IPL 2022.
Net Worth Of Vijay Shankar
Vijay Shankar’s net worth is projected to be Rs 15 crore ($2 million) by cricketflow.com. His total income comprises the revenue he earns as a current cricket player from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association for his county cricket obligations. Furthermore, Vijay Shankar’s wealth includes his sponsorship relationships with companies such as BGauss E-scooter.
Stats Of Vijay Shankar
List A Matches
|Debut||Andhra vs. Tamil Nadu||Bangalore||at – February 20, 2012|
|Last||Tamil Nadu vs. H. Pradesh||Jaipur||December 26, 2021|
FC Matches Of Shankar
|Debut||Tamil Nadu vs. Vidarbha||Nagpur||December 01 – 04, 2012|
|Last||Tamil Nadu vs. Jharkhand||Guwahati||March 03 – 06, 2022|
T20 Matches Of Shankar
|Debut||Andhra vs. Tamil Nadu||Bhadravati||March 17, 2013|
|Last||Karnataka vs. Tamil Nadu||Delhi||November 22, 2021|
T20I Matches Of Shankar
|Debut||Sri Lanka vs. India||Colombo (RPS)||March 06, 2018|
|Last||India vs. Australia||Bengaluru||February 27, 2019|
ODI Matches Of Shankar
|Debut||Australia vs. India||Melbourne||January 18, 2019|
|Last||India vs. West Indies||Manchester||June 27, 2019|
Social Media Accounts Of Vijay Shankar
Twitter – 476.4K Followers
Instagram – 427k followers
1. How rich is Vijay Shanka?
Vijay Shankar’s net worth is Rs 15 crore ($2 million) by cricketflow.com. His financial status comprises the revenue he earns as a committed cricket player from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association for his domestic cricket obligations.
2. What is Vijay Shankar’s background?
Vijay was established on January 26, 1991, and is a middle-order batsman and often a competent medium pacer. Vijay Shankar is from a cricketing household; his father and brother Ajay have featured lower-division cricket for Tamil Nadu.
3. Was Vijay Shankar dropped?
Vijay Shankar was forced out due to a knee ailment that required surgery. He saw Hardik assume his position and capitalize on the chance, ultimately establishing himself as a dominant allrounder. Shankar, on the other hand, did not surrender. He persisted in his struggle and earned his India appearance in 2018.
4. Is Vijay Shankarmarried?
The pair married on January 27, 2021, after becoming betrothed in August 2020. They married in a celebration while in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic’s mandatory prevention strategies.